The Italian GP 2023 is going to be the most interesting one after the summer break as this circuit has the hopes of other teams getting on the pole and hopefully get to the podium. As the Redbull has dominated the last 13 races there are hopes from Ferrari, Mclaren & Mercedes.
There is also hopes of the Williams as this circuit also known as the Temple of speed requires low downforce setup. Everyone knows the Williams to be a rocketship so there are high chances for Alexander Albon to get to the front of the starting grid and even a top 5 finish.
- 5 minutes into the Q1 Verstappen set a fastest lap which is deleted due to track limits. Albon sets an awesome fastest lap followed by Perez, the Mercedes, Ferrari & Mclaren.
- 10 minutes into the Q1 The 2 Redbulls lead the P1&2, the 2 Ferrari’s in P3&4, Alonso at P5, Albon at P6, Tsunoda at P7, Russel at P8, Lawson(replacing Ric) at P9 & Hamilton at P10.
- Both the Alpine’s, Stroll, Bottas & Magnessun are at the drop zone.
- The last 5 minutes of the Q1 the bottom 5 need to set a good lap of at least 1:21:7 to get ahead.
- The chequered flag is out and Zhou, Gasly, Ocon, Magnessun & Stroll are out of qualifying.
Qualifying 2: Q2(Medium compound tyres)
- The green lights are illuminated and both the Ferrari’s are out to have their initial runs on medium tires.
- The Redbull’s & Norris is also out to have their runs and Verstappen sets a purple Sector 2&3.
- Sainz sets the fastest lap followed by Max, Leclerc, Albon, Perez, Alonso & both the Mclaren’s.
- Both the Mercedes are out late and try to set their best lap times & set P6 for Russel & P12 for Lewis.
- Now in the drop zone are Hulkenberg, Hamilton, Lawson, Sargeant & Bottas.
- The remaining 15 cars are out for the final top 10 shootout. Albon starts the last shootout of the Q2.
- Albon set a decent lap getting him to P5, Leclerc and Max are divided by 0.04 seconds for P2 & P1 respectively followed by Sainz & Perez.
- Tsunoda is eliminated by just 0.013 seconds followed by Lawson, Hulkenberg, Bottas & Logan are out of the Q2.
Qualifying 3:Q3 (Soft compound tyres)
- The Redbull’s have gone out first again followed by the rest of the teams. This last 10 minutes will decide tomorrow’s starting grid.
- Everyone has set their first lap times and both the Ferrari’s occupy the P1&2, followed by Max, Russel, Albon, Perez, Norris, Piastri, Hamilton & Alonso. The top 4 are separated by just a tenth of a second.
- All the drivers have come out to set their final runs. Will Alonso’s prediction come true is wait and watch.
- Leclerc sets a provisional pole & Verstappen takes it away in meantime Sainz snatches it away from him to get the provisional pole.
- Sainz gets his 4th career pole position followed by Max, Leclerc, Russel
- The Tifosis go crazy as the Ferrari get P1 & P3 to get their season best qualifying for Ferrari.